Thread: Questions...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2002, 09:00 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Flushing tranny to change to sythetics

I have a friend who works for a company that supplies tranny flush machines to dealers and shops. He was telling me that at least 1 a week one of these shops calls him complaining that the machine killed a transmission even though that the machines manufacturer recommends that be used only for vehicles that have had this type of service done in place of the normal drain and fill from day one according to the car manufacturer's mantainance schedule. Its the dealers and shops that want to use it as often as possible so as they can bill for a hour of labor when in fact they only do 15 minutes of work. The machine that he sells is only a bladder system which uses the actual tranny pump to move the fluids out while many of the others have their own pump which has a higher psi rating than the transmission pump. This will force the shavings through the tranny and many of them will become lodged in places where they cannot get out.