Thread: Questions...
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2002, 04:26 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Questions...

<<- If I need a new tranny, is it best to go to Subaru from the start and get a new or reman. one? Also, it goes without saying to use synthetic fluid, right?>>

You can only get a reman tranny for the SOA. Once the tranny is back in, only use synthetic. If you already have tranny with regular, do not flush it out with synthetic. It could kill your tranny. In another word, if it is working, don't touch it.

<<- If my steering pump goes bad, is there a difference between the speed sensitive and RPM sensitive pumps, or is it electronic and the ECU tells the pump what to do?>>

Usually, the pump does not go bad, your o-ring or the return hose from the rack go south. Replace them first. The o-ring is only 2 bucks or so and the "S-shaped" return hose is around 80ish.

<<- If my car is hesitating massively for no reason, and i tried cleaning the fuel system and the throttle body, and had a full Subaru 60,000 mile tuneup performed, and the problem keeps getting worse, what do I do?>>

It should help. But there are others who can answer you more since they have worked on their engines more than I did.

Thanks [/B][/QUOTE]
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!