View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyingrob
off topic but.......
i once had to remove the nearly new snow tires froma nearly new sable wagon that had SNAP-rolled outside of montreal (1990?)
the car rolled AND removed BOTH door mirrors cleanly as well as most of the roof rack but the paint DID NOT have a scratch in it !!
it landed on its wheels and the owners DROVE it home from the scene!!( about 7-800 miles!!)
One of the things that sold me on Subarus: I stupidly rolled a GL hatchback years ago; hit an enbankment and did a sort-of corkscrew flip, landing hard back on the pavement, on the driver-side roof. Same deal as above, in that it took off the mirrors and hardly touched the passenger side. The A-pillar gave to perhaps half its original height, shattering the windshield (but astonishingly, not the aftermarket, pop-up sunroof glass), and I climbed out with minor cuts and bruises. When the tow-truck got the poor thing back onto its wheels, I remarked to the guy that it appeared perfectly drivable... if only he'd help me remove the remains of the windshield.

I'd guess insurance rates on an SVX are be higher because too many have met a bad end due to driver misadventure.

dcb