Thread: Hide-A-Key
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 06:52 AM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
actually with the data services that cellular providers offer these days, it's quite possible to do that. many phones have the option of infrared built in. obviously this would only work with something like cable television and the like....unless of course you have a networked screening module you could connect to remotely.

but yes it can be done. so can having a cellular phone that picks up the frequency of a car alarm being sent to another cellphone elsewhere.

it's just that no one has made one yet because the costs would greater than the potential $$$ to be made.

that's the benefit of ip based communications and services.
Devices that use infrared for sharing data (such as PDA's and cell phones) must be placed next to each other in order for the infrared sensors to pick up the incoming signals. Such devices have a low infrared output and share data by directly "beaming" it to another nearby device...not by sending the infrared light via radio waves. I was talking about using the radio transmitter in cell phones to carry infrared light signals....obviously something that can not be done. If I shine a flashlight into my cell phone while I talk to you will you see the light come out of your speaker??

Dave