View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Lights in push buttons

When you press the ROOM switch, it turns on the ceiling light, whether the doors are open or closed. You can turn it on and off with switch. I believe you can keep this light off permanently if the last button you pressed was the ROOM switch (The light would NOT come on when you open the door)

When you press the DOOR switch, the ceiling light will come on when the door is opened and go off when the door is closed.

Try pressing the DOOR button again. This should make the light come on if the bulb is good.

The lights in the bottom of the doors cannot be controlled. They come on and off when the door is opened and closed.

Fuse #9 (10A) controls the interior lighting, plus the lights in the dashboard, the mirror switch, parking light/heated mirror switch, the radio/CD, cigarette lighter, climate control, glove box illumination (when lights are on), and the AT selector on console.

The text in the overhead console is supposed to light up. There are two bulbs (for the four buttons). Here is how to replace them:

The wording on the 4 buttons on the sunroof control are illuminated. The sunroof buttons arrows do not light

For the room light switch, carefully remove the two lenses over the spotlights with a small flat-blade screwdriver. They are slotted for this purpose.

Once the lenses are out, you can see the 2 Phillips head mounting screws. Remove the two screws (one each side) that you now have access to.

Pull down the assembly and disconnect the wiring harness. On top there are two sockets with a screwdriver slot, similar to the lights on the dash. These are the bulb holders. Each bulb illuminates 2 buttons.

Unscrew the bulbs with a quarter turn. The replacement bulbs are 83426PA000.

Reassemble and reinstall.

Since they last a long time, I prefer the ease of using OEM bulbs, as opposed to using Radio Shack Micro Lamps

Fuse #9 is the second fuse from the left, middle row, in the fuse box under the dash, above the driver's side kick panel.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .