View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 04:39 PM

Registered SVX
So, I'm done with the SVX...

...for now.

After buying a replacement transmission and a host of other parts, I turned my SVX over to an ASE-certified co-worker.

I received her back a month later with the replacement transmission, brakes, pads, SS lines, OČ sensors installed and about $3000 worth of damage that he claims was pre-existing.

He put the steering rack back on wrong, which tore open a CV boot...
Had a real mechanic put it back in place.
There's something wrong with the steering, though no fluid appears to be leaking.
He snapped off something in the exhaust, which caused the entire, unmuffled exhaust note to route into the cab (I think my ears are still ringing...). This was repaired by a real mechanic, by welding on a flexpipe.
He also snapped the shifter cable and charged me for a replacement and the labour to install it.
There appears to be a severe leak from the torque convertor.
...and the CEL is still on.

So, I've parked her, thrown a death shroud over her and will be leaving her until such time as I can bear to toss more money at her.

As she was my daily driver, I needed to pick up a replacement, but I was tired of having car issues...

I wanted a suitable proxy for my beloved, beleaguered SVX.

On August 12th, I ordered a car... It arrived yesterday... I pick it up on Saturday.

More to come, whence I have photos...

(Edit: Linky)

Last edited by Knightwulf; 09-19-2008 at 02:22 PM.