View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 08:10 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: Been busy (with two more Subarus!)

-Re-wired tweeters and door speakers

I also replaced the front brakes with cross-drilled/slotted rotors and newer pads and calipers, but I think I may have to go with a set of rebuilt calipers as these are still sticking badly.

I ordered an OEM front end mask to cover up the paint damage as a temporary solution, as the mechanical condition of the car needs to be improved before I can think of performing body work on this car.

In a time constrained afternoon, I hastily refinished one of the many sets of stock wheels in a rushed attempt to have something nicer to put my brand new Toyo Proxes4's on this afternoon.

Today, unwashed...

Although I have gotten a somewhat significant amount of work completed on this particular Pearly, there are some other tasks which are looming in my near future.
-Replacement of Front Seals and VC Gaskets, spark plugs, etc
-Replace LF O2 Sensor
-Replace Coolant Temp Sensor
-Replace Timing Belt, Water Pump, Idlers, etc
-Replace RF CV Axle (torn boot, now starting to make noise)
-Replace RF Tie Rod End
-Have wheel alignment completed
-Rebuild F&R Hood Struts w SPD Components

With all this maintenance on my mind, I also in the midst of things, picked up a 1992 Legacy wagon with just over 68000 miles! I picked it up with what was described as an engine noise, turns out it was a timing belt idler pulley!

After fixing the issue, the car ran quite well, even though it had been sitting for about a year or so. I did change all of the fluids when I purchased the car. On a brief test drive, Eric and I experienced violent shaking in the car at highway speed. When I put the car up on the lift, I noted that both ball joints were EXTREMELY worn. After replacing the ball joints and putting on some fresher tires, the car rode great! I was given an Aiwa CD player by a friend, which we promptly installed to replace the aging stock cassette unit. I also have one pair of Boston Acoustic 6.5s on the way as well.

In the brief time I have owned the car, Jon and I have been using it as a secondary vehicle, and have accrued nearly 2,000 miles of usage already, and it has not leaked a drop of oil!

That all being said, I am VERY happy with my 2 new Subaru's.

Last edited by Mike621; 06-17-2008 at 08:14 PM.