View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Car looks ok, 4500 seems a bit steap for an L, i paid less than that for my 94 LSi. He lists 4x4 drivetrain, when in reality it's only 2x4, the L was not AWD, nor was the LS, only the LSi after 93 i believe, so don't let him fool you on that. It is front wheel drive only. As stated above, check what's under those seat covers. Typically on hte leather i could see recover, as it's more likely to crack and such, but rips in cloth aren't as common. Check for squeels in the wheel bearings, they have a habit of going. Make sure all shifts are smooth both up and down through the gears, the trans are known to overheat and have issues. Good luck with the purchase, but i wouldn't give him his raised price for it. Also check window switches, they can get funny.

If he can't give you a good reason for the price hike, i would start at 500$ below origional price for negotiation, then you should hit somewhere around origional price.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!