View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 11:57 AM
One teal and One yellow

Smile Welcome!

Welcome to the network. I did mention this site to your dad before? Now you know, pple here are so friendly and helpful....

I believe I know who you are based on your first post. Do you live off van voorhis road? Is your SVX blue color? You study at WVU and your dad work for WVU? If all these match, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

For the gas mileages you posted, I don't think it's that bad in Morgantown, in my opinions. This is home of mountaineers, so many hills. I average both of my SVXes 12-14mpg in town, with 93 gas. My engines don't have any problem. No wonder, that's one time I drove your dad's svx, I felt it didn't have so much "zoom" as mine? 89? No-no!

For your acceleration, I ain't sure. Do more search and you will find out more. The very last time (long time) I started the svx for your dad, I remember that was the power 16 blinks code. Do you know you have the tranny cooler installed on your car after the tranny was rebuilt one or two yrs ago?

In my opinions, SVX is a good car if you know how to treat it right. It's more special and unique than others, if you treat it right, it will serve you good. If you go to JohnHoward dealer and get it checked, they might charge you alot. There's one Suby shop in milesground, very nearby JohnHoward, they work on Subarus and some SVXes. Ask around and I am sure you can find them.
If you need more help, let us know.

Take care.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05