View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
I'm talking about people like us who don't have everything handed to us on a silver platter. We are (or should be) smart enough by now to know that just because you paid $150k+ for a car, doesn't mean it's better.
who cares? i can think of worse things - how about little pieces of compressed carbon that women wear on their fingers? some diamonds sell for as much or more than a SL65, and they don't do ANYTHING except sparkle. if people didn't like them, MB wouldn't build them. its that simple - its a business.

Quote:
None. But i've worked on three, and my neighbor has owned two. He won't go near them anymore after his experience. Also i've been doing alot of research for my upcoming public speech about "perceived" reliability in foreign products, and if you talk to MB owners, you get a very different picture that MB probably wouldn't want you too see.
how does that have anything to do with MB not caring about its customers, like you said? my stepdad has a Mercedes, and when it had a problem they bent over backwards to get it corrected. they delivered a loaner, and they delivered the car to his door when it was done at the shop. sounds like they care to me.

Quote:
That's a great commercial. Sorry you don't have a sense of humor.
i have a sense of humor - i may have been funny the first 50 times i saw it. according to you, "all MB cares about is buildeing a car and advertising the hell out if it." ok, then what is GM doing with the Cobalier, then?

Quote:
Do you drive at 100mph on dirt or snow? You don't need a turbo-AWD car anymore than I need a 450hp RWD one.
not on dirt, but i live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh. hills + snow is a situation where having AWD has been VERY handy. i see idiots in Trans Ams, Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc. every winter sliding all over the place and causing, or nearly causing accidents. AWD also helps to AVOID these geniuses.

Quote:
I like my car for what it does in all weather. I just like to keep it pretty. I have another car that gets much better gas mileage for the daily grind.
so is the money you save on gas equal to the amount you spent on the purchase price, insurance, registration, maintenance, and repair of the second car? i like one car does all myself.

Quote:
True true and true. I have no aspirations for a huge house. A plain old two story and 2000sqft will do me just fine. My cars will bring me much more enjoyment than a nice house ever would.
i could be wrong, but you'll change you tune as you get older.

Quote:
But to each their own, as they say.
even AMG SL65 owners?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)