View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Registered Loser

my super budget double din GPS stereo

Hey everyone, from what I've seen stereos for cars are way more expensive here than in the US.

I've taken off the rear wall and roof of the cage and shifted the headunit back an inch so that the door can still open and close... the face is bulky and thick. I've made new holes that screw the headunit to the SVX cage frame. and this screws give support for not having a roof or rear panel.
The SVX black plastic frame around the screen has been shaved at the top to accomodate the screen when ejecting and retracting.

All this cost me $USD311
Features: GPS, TV, AUX (for whatever you want), video out (for another screen), Camera Input, DVD, SD, miniUSB, bluetooth, Ipod and so many bloody features.

The unit goes in and out of modes eg if you're navigating and watching DVD it will pause the DVD, switch modes and tell you to turn right

It's a pretty fast unit for a no brand, I haven't taken the plastic off so it hasn't registered my finger a couple of times.

It has a place at the top of the screen where a brand name would go, so I think I'm gonna print of a little SUBARU or SVX logo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l255AOGqfvk

Jordan.