View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 11:42 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Apkarians custom LED taillights

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
The upper, center brake light that's not part of the tail bar is not part of this. That one is already LED, just not quite as bright. Not worth messing with, IMO.

Click the link in my sig and send him a PM, if that doesn't work then I can look through my email for his email address. But try a PM first.

They were not very time consuming, but you have to run a wire from the trunklid tail bar to the other two lights. Really, you just have to get some wire and be able to connect two wires together. When you open the trunk, on the right side by the hinge there is a bendy rubber tube that has a wire in it for the stock tail lights. I ran my wires through my own tube next to it and zip tied them down out of the way of the hinges so they don't get pinched. Very easy. I had to extend the wire just a tad to hide it how I wanted it.
He changed that you no longer have to run any wire, you only plug in the wires like the stock light setup.

The side marker lights were not changed in the original setup, I got mine with a straight led strip light, but I think he was talking about making some changes like we had suggested in that thread.

here are mine.