View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 05:11 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
Re: judgement upon my SVX (long post):

I've been here awhile, and no, I never read it. That is an awesome bit of prose! I saved it too.
I know his joy. Around my home there are sooooo many great roads. They range from really crooked, slow in fast out, hard on the brakes for the next one roads. To, 4-lane highways with long, fast sweepers.
The SVX is so very neutral. Oversteer is available, and easily accessible. Understeer is the rule, though. Not the "plows like a pig" kind, just the "hey you're going a tad faster than I can" kind. Like was so well written above, when you're not using the car's potential, it's buttery smooth. Many times my family has slept through triple digit stints on the interstate.
For my commute it's likely THE perfect car. I have every type of road between home and work, except gravel. On the crooked little byways, it shines with cornering & acceleration. In the twisty 2-lanes, it's high G steady state prowess allows me to carry speed effortlessly. On the 4-lane it's fast, and quiet, letting me enjoy my tunes.

I love my car!
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.