View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: So I got bored with my 94 svx

How'd you return it to stock? I just bought an SVX with spray painted gold rims (gold on black body like yours) and I can't stand it. My girlfriend says it's embarrasing to ride in the car with the gold on (LA folks really are that superficial). People poke fun at them every time I show off the car. I've been humoring the idea of flat black paint over the gold so they aren't so BAM! gold, but I'd far prefer stock over either option. The only reason I haven't tried buffing out the gold is worrying about round buff marks on the rims that can't be undone. If you say I can remove the gold without damaging the rim, I'll be the happiest guy on the block.

If it's non-degrading, then paint your heart away, but I wish the previous owner had saved me the trouble and left them stock. My 2 cents, no refunds.

-Kit W.

PS
Photoshop tutorials available on request Changing rim color would be just about the easiest thing to do, and if you just want a quick look at your options then I would be happy to walk you though the process.