View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Miss my SVX... (z' issues)

Dude if you want to hear from the quiet minority, I was in the same place you are about 14 months ago when my waterpump took a bleep. I didnt have mucho funds to drop on it right then, so I bought a used (good condition) belt from a member here for $20, bought an A1 Cardone reman waterpump for around $50, spent a couple hours under the hood removing and reinstalling parts, and the cooling system/timing belt have been fine since. It has bought me almost 20,000 more miles so far for an investment of $70 and an afternoon*, so dont feel so despairing about how hard its going to be to get your SVX back. Just get it back . *(Didnt include my freak idler dust cover debacle here in Reno, or the $15 pulley I bought from Scott {Sperry}, wouldnt happen to anyone else in a billion years!)

Id almost say doing the timing belt and waterpump on our cars is on the same level as doing the spark plugs, and a hell of a lot easier than the valve cover gaskets. Theres just not that much stuff that has to be removed.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.

Last edited by SoCal LS-L; 07-13-2010 at 09:44 PM.