View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 03:00 AM
Registered Loser

Alarm installation with Remote start

Hey guys.

I'm starting to install a car alarm myself and I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of the accessories and ignition switch in pieces (obviously for remote starting the car), preferably not a wiring diagram.

At the other end of the whole process, you need to tell the starter motor to STOP turning over once the engine has actually started up.

Choices for this are:
1 - Connect to the battery charger detection wire (use the positive). This is the factory recommended connection
2 - Connect to the engine oil detection wire (use the positive)
3 - Five coils around high-tension coil (not sure what this is)

I hate to sound dumb but where is the actual "battery charger detection wire"? Guessing it's near the alternator.

So far I have the trunk trigger circuit, foot brake circuit, handbrake circuit, LED indicator, temperature sensor and antenna sorted. Unfortunately I still need to match up the central locking which shouldn't be hard. Fuel pump cut circuit is another question for another day. I need to buy a solenoid for the trunk release latch and window closer are a must

It's a pretty neat alarm, it's 2 way, up to 4 kilometres, the temperature monitor on the actual remote is a bit of a gimmick just telling you what temperature it is in the car. We sell these alarms and have only heard good things, so I thought it's time for me to give it a shot.

The alarm on the car now was installed with the car new, which was not typical since the SVX in Australia didn't come with an alarm at all for some reason, just central locking and most were fitted after purchase.

p.s this was my car yesterday.