View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian View Post
I think that about sums it up.

Racing is dangerous on the track, driving on the street is dangerous.

It is not the race that is most dangerous, it is the adrenaline. No individual can controll this, on the track it is simply separated and controlled to significantly reduce the problems.
Reducing problems is the key. Regestering at a sanctioned event, participating, and drawing 'bragging rites' from YOUR performance tells it all.

I have been beaten by a member of this forum on a couple occasions. I heard that he was in town, so I went to where he was to shake his hand and share a few stories and some 'adult beverages', this very day!
What we have is a 'Holsome' compitition. We will meet again on the tarmac. One of us will win, one will lose. However it turns out THAT day will have NO effect on the friendship! There is always another 'mod', another day.
We were not about to head to the street to settle jack $*!t.
WE will take it to the track. WE will settle this in a way that will not endanger anyone else. This matter will be settled until we meet AGAIN on the TARMAC, where $h!t might happen to the former 'victor', and the tables will turn.
The whole concept of 'victory' hinges on so many things that we have no control over.
Prep has a lot to do with it. Skill is a major factor. but there is always LUCK.

Last year. he burned his fingers on MY ride to help me beat him,( which I didn't). This year, I might have to burn my fingers to help him.

I have given parts to a competor before. I have worked on cars that a competitor drove. It's not 'ALL' about winning. It's about 'the SPORT', with a healthy dose of 'Sportsmanship' thrown in! The guys that will not lift a finger to help a competitor are NOT sportsmen.

Here's the line. Which side do you fall on??????????

This is not totally fitting for the original intent of the 'post', but I feel that it could be viewed as an 'educational tool' for the young racers that feel that it 'HAS to be settled today'. It does NOT!! It can wait. There is no need to ruin your LIFE over 'ego'.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 02-20-2008 at 10:24 PM.