View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast View Post
Now, i try to act my age, not my IQ, but this does not seem to be the racers fault. It was the people watching them act like morons fault. It is also the guy in the white cars fault, i dont see how the two guys in the cars that were racing could be to blame here.
Guess what, in life you have to make choices, so are good and help you along the way, some really dont matter, and others are poor and could cost you the more then you want. The people there made a choice to stand in a road and not listen for trafic comming. That was their choice, they paid for it. The white car made a choice to go faster then was really needed (150ft skidmarks?) he SHOULD pay the price, thou the police seem to think it not his fault. No where in this story do I read and the street racer crashed into an oncomming car, or they hit a pedestrain, so I disagree, it is NOT their fault at all.

WE had a couple guys that were brothers playing with their chevrolets on rt 220, (also in Md) One of them slid about 200 ft on the top of his camaro and blasted clear through a car that contained a poor working stiff on his way to work. Then he did what was expected, he jumped into his brother's car and LEFT!! The highway was closed for 3 hours while the 'reconstruction' team put it all together, making all the other working stiffs drive about 20 miles out of their way to get to work.

The poor guy in the 'on-coming', saw a shower of sparks and then St. Peter.
I doubt if he even had a clue what was about to KILL him.

HE wasn't watching the race, he was going to work to provide a living for the wife and kids that miss him!

This happened next to a prison. The driver that 'killed and ran' is now a resident of that prison. I just hope he has a window that looks out over the 'scene of the crash'.

That's WHY they make RACETRACKS!!!

There is a strong 'History' of Street Racing in our area. Some legal, some not. There was a time when the cars were TRAILERED to the appointed place, spare tires stacked up, etc.
Cars with radios were sent both ways to pronounce the course 'clear'. This was not-legal street racing perfected. There was none of the stuff that 'they' use against us left to chance. (yea, there were 9 second cars there), then there was the place where the 11 second or more cars met. Not as refined as the bigger dogs, but no bad things happened.

In the 30's we had the first hillclimb in Md. It was on a road called " Breakneck". Sages came from all over the country to run that hill! It was a LEGAL street race. Last year, our Delegates got a LAW passed to allow Street Racing on the highways of MD again. This time, the hill is on Gilpin Road. It is located about 10 miles from the Breakneck course.

The 'Powers' do allow street racing if no one gets KILLED!

I just hope they don't 'rethink' the law that they passed last year over IDIOTS!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 02-18-2008 at 04:39 PM.