View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
I look at it like this... I DONT CARE WHAT THE REASON, YOU SHOULD BE IN CONTROL! Now, I understand, by me there are slick roads, I have seen more crashes due to slick roads then anything else, but lets face it, if you are going 30mph and the conditions are only safe for 25mph, then you are going too fast.

Quote:
The first half of the first sentence of that story tells you why the drivers are at fault:
"A car plowed into a group of street-racing fans obscured by a cloud of tire smoke on a highway Saturday..."
No street race, no street-racing crowd in the highway.
dcb

So, I guess if I saw a thick fog ahead of me (dont care from what) I would not plow into it head on, I would slow down.
Also, if you look at that road, it is a backwoods highway, those roads are not 55+mph, they are 40-50mph.
I am not saying I am for racing (and not saying I dont race) but if you are going to, then try to do it where people cant be stupid and follow you into the street.

watch the shame on you's come flying...
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.