View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
The 17-pin harness is indeed for the security module. To answer your first question: Yes, your security module is definitely missing.

If some of those wires have been hacked, it sounds like a previous owner (or an installer) might have tied into some of the wires there to add an after-market alarm. That would explain the factory module being removed.

I can't make out the 2-pin connector, so I don't know what that might be. The duct tape does suggest somebody messed with it, perhaps at the same time as the alarm wires.

In the 94-97s, both the cruise control module and cruise control main relay are definitely on the lower left side, behind the driver. The Door Lock Timer module is behind the glovebox.

I think on the 92-93s the Door Lock Timer module is further down in the right side footwell. Not sure about the cruise control module.

On all years, the Time Control Unit module is behind the glovebox. So that's one of the things you're seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan
P.S. Anyone have a security module they wanna sell me?
The stock system isn't worth the money or the recurring hassles — the modules seem to die too easily. Go after-market. You can have more features for lower cost (and less expensive remotes too), all while connecting just to the 17-pin security harness.