View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 09:17 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by benebob

Well first she had a little mishap involving an Expedition. At least she managed to do $7000 in damages to the POS. The Justy needed a little "repositioning" of the rad support, a new bumper and cover and a fender. A month later she had it overheat well quite majorly. It had a small water pump leak that had been fixed with stop leak. It must have came back. She kept on driving it even though it had 0 coolant in her . Probably lasted a week or so without the coolant (as it was winter) before she coughed her last 3 cylinder cough. Hopefully she's in a better place now. Funny thing though the rod knock for 25k or so never got the best of her.
Poor thing.

Well, yesterday I changed the Justy's oil and rotated the tires. I also spent some time inspecting the car for anything broken or loose. After nearly two years of my abusive driving (as I have said, I don't thrash the SVX - I take it all out on the Justy), the car is totally solid. Nothing loose or excessively worn in the suspension or brakes. This little car is amazing, and I'll take it to its first autocross fully confident that it'll do great.

The muffler does have a big hole in the bottom. Other than that, the exhaust system is totally solid. I'm thinking of just having the muffler cut out and having a straight pipe put in. It wouldn't be any louder, at least.

Oh, and I ordered a new distributor cap and rotor and also a set of plug wires. The Justy has never idled well in warm weather and that occasionally causes it to stall. My theory is that the cap and rotor are worn and the cap expands when it's warm out. We'll see whether or not I'm right on Tuesday.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE