View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 11:34 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Thanks Randy

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
Thanks for you good thoughts and the story - almost choked me up reading it. It's nice to see our little corner of the world isn't forgotten by those of you over where all the "action" is.

Just think, get a few local meets under our belts, some relationships built, and there could be a strong NW Contingency headed for the 10th Anniversary Meet!!

Man, I can see it now..... It starts out small, yet impressive, with 5 or 6 SVXes leaving Seattle. Like a snowball rolling downhill, the convoy continues to gain mass as it heads East, picking up SVXes in Eastern WA, ID, UT..... then in CO the rumbling mass meets up with still other convoys from CA, OR, AZ - all over the West - to form a mighty force roaring into Indiana.

Reminds me a little of that old trucker/CB song "Convoy". And if Brian brought his Vanagon VX we would even have the micro bus like in the song! All we'd need would be the 11 long-haired friends of Jesus!

OK, it's my Friday with a 5 day weekend ahead, that's my excuse. I also apologize for all you geography whizzes out there, the above state-to-state trip was planned in my head with no map so I could be off on the feasibility of that route!
Troy,
I've often envisioned an overhaead shot of the U.S. on the days before the 10th Anniversary meet, looking somewhat like an ant farm, only the ants are SVXes, and the "Queen's Chamber" is Lafayette, IN. and all the ants are headed one way into the chamber from all points. Dang, that would be impressive.

When my wife and I were coming back from the Midwest Meet in Rockford, IL, there had been a large Corvette gathering in Bowling Green, and all the 'Vettes were returning home. You couldn't go a mile without seeing at least one. All years, all styles, on trailers, being driven -- it was amazing. Imagine people seeing this bunch of cars that they don't know what the hell they are -- they just know they look alike. Anybody wanna wish they have a nickel for every time the phrase, "what in the hell is that?" is uttered, prior to the 10th Anniversary meet?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI