View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 05:15 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: Does the mast antenna ever go bad? Reception problems.

Thanks for the help, all...maybe I'll scrap the Y-adapter idea, since it seems that isn't going to work as intended. I figured combining a (possibly incomplete) signal from both would patch the missing bits in and give the most "complete" signal to the deck. I don't really want to do a fixed rubber antenna, just don't like the look much myself...if I can't get the power one working right, I'll probably just unplug it and run with the glass one, even though I wasn't too impressed with that one either when I had it hooked up.

SVXdc, thanks for the install link...I'll check the cords / connections first, then start disassembling if that doesn't work. How would I check the cable running from the front of the car to the trunk using a hand-held ohmmeter without removing it? Long ass leads with alligator clips? Would I just be checking continuity, or resistance? Outer connector, or center pin (or both)? And if I'm checking resistance, what values should I expect to see if it is normal?

Sorry for all the questions...