View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
If you guys are serious about racing at that level, I can deeply discount a set of springs, but I think that my strut springs are not stiff enough for your needs. All of the road racing machines that I've read about (not SVX) have spring rates that are in the range 300-500 lbs/in. Just out of curiosity, what is it about the Koni inserts that you do not like?
We are totally serious but at least a year off. Sorting a car at those levels especially without a huge support of aftermarket suppliers is to say the least pricey. Yeah the rates for yours are getting close but not quite there yet. While they are a very nice step, they are designed to be usable on the street as that is where you'd at least have a shot at making your investment back. Can't fault ya for that. Who wants to make something that no one wants!

Don't get me wrong, the Koni inserts aren't bad but when you can go all out in our class with totally adjustable set ups they just don't measure up. Its more about a viable future set up at the moment. Til then we'll continue killing stock struts every couple of months.