View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 04:59 PM

Oh No, What Did I Do?

Well, I replace the PCV valve today, by removing the intake mainfold. I also removed the alternator and that large plastic ductwork at the back of the engine with all the hoses attached to it. While I had that off I spayed the throttle bodies with a carb cleaner. When I put everything back together and went to start the engine, it immediately rev'd to around 3K rpm, ran extremely poorly, and then shut off. I also heard some odd high pitched whine when it was running. I tried to start it a few more times, but each time it would run extremely poorly; I had to keep the accelerator depressed to keep it from cutting out. I checked the connections to the alternator but they look OK.

So. My 1st thought is that maybe I connected some of the hoses to that plastic ductwork wrong. My second thought was that maybe it had something to do with the carb clearner. Other than that, I dont know what I may have done wrong. But I'm real concerned about this. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Larry