View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:02 AM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: Subaru factory subwoofer kits - differences?

Thanks for the detailed input, guys...I figured that differences in wiring + brackets were responsible for all of the various part numbers, but there's almost a $100 variation between some of those on Subaruparts.com so I wasn't sure if that was the only thing or not.

I did a bit more searching around, and you guys are right, the consensus seems to be that these are sort of lame. I was looking at them mainly because I want something that I can tuck out of the way that will not be a permanent trunk fixture. I'm not looking to win any SPL competitions, but would like to fill out the music a bit without spending a ton of money.

I looked up the Inifinity Basslink, but it's too big to fit under the seat. The BOSS BASS600 would fit, but the controls are on the end that would be up against the seat track when installed, making adjustment difficult. Plus, it's BOSS although this model seems to get good reviews. The Clarion SRV-314 seems like it might be decent, but I haven't been able to find much info on it yet. The Kenwood KSC-SW10 looks good too, but I think it might be just a bit too big to go nicely under the seat...