View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Speed sensor difference.

I think the problem is going to be, the difference number of pulses that the TCU is going to get, if we splice the wiring. The Aussie TCU receives both sensor pulses at gear box speed which is 3.7 times faster than wheel speed.

The JDM/US No.2 sensors pulses are at wheel speed, and the No.1 is at gear box speed. I feel that this may have the Aussie TCU seeing this difference as wheel spin and apply the Limited Slip clutch.

I think it would be best to fit the Aussie No.2 speed sensor into the JDM box. It does not look that difficulty. This is how it is placed in the box.

It has been bolted in position to read the pulses, as the parking gear rotates. You can see it here.

I don't think they would have changed anything to fit it there, other than mount it to an excising bolt, or may have drilled a new hole.

I would pull the extension housing off both boxes, remove the No.2 sensor along with the wiring loom, that runs through the box and fit it into the JDM box. This will have the TCU reading the pulses as normal.

If there is no bolt hole,in the JDM box to fit the pick-up to, you would have to measure the gap between the pick-up and the parking gear teeth, and mount the pick-up at roughly, the same distance.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.