View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
See this pic from cnn:

I passed the pictured BP station yesterday, in Riverdale, Georgia on State Highway 85. The owner released a statement defending the increase as a reasonable response to the run on the pumps we had in this region Wednesday evening. (Georgia's governor has vowed to go after stations for "gouging," but one wonders, how will they determine that?)

I paid $3.199 for premium at a RaceTrack near this place yesterday morning at around 10:30, and by 7:30 p.m. the price there was $3.399. The Marathon near my home was at $3.499/premium this morning. They ran dry yesterday but were resupplied after closing last night. No lines at any station I passed this a.m.

Based on my drive-by observations in Fayetteville, Georgia yesterday, I'd say better than 50% of the fuel pump nozzles were covered by plastic bags. Most seemed out of only one grade, no doubt regular, but a few stations had no gas at all.

When does ethanol become economically feasable? I'm about ready to hook-up with some old Georgia mountain moonshiner and see if he wants to revive his craft.

(As noted elsewhere, my SVX turned 31+ MPG on one 66-mile Interstate stretch yesterday.)

dcb