View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Ice's fully-baked turbo build

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Yes, but I have seen a lot of posts on the MS forums of people with EJ22/25s using the 6/7 crank wheel, they need resistors to function properly, and one or two posts from people with EG33s, that also used resistors, and one or two EG33 posts, that do not mention using any resistors. The guy who wired up Matt's I actually found a post of his that said that they had some problems which were resolved by adding a resistor. Matt's got a MS2, not an MS3. The MS3 I think has more refined VR conditioning components, so it may very well not need anything. No way to know without trying it.
The out put of the inductive sensors is really a voltage signal, not like a Hall effect out-put that can switch a transistor. They don't have the current to drive a transistor base circuit, they have to drive a high impedance input. like a 47K resistor, so that only the voltage signal gets through. This decouples the current from the input circuit, so it does not short the signal voltage to ground.

Quote:
I did notice there are several PWM outputs, that are programmable to a duty cycle of 0-100%, under basically whatever conditions you want. Some are only ground switching, but some (IACV for one) are +12 or ground switching depending on what you set a jumper to. Would a duty cycle of 100% mean just held to ground the entire time? Because, if so, then that will work fine for what I want to do. Probably have to use the VVT pin on the MS, since I'll of course have no use for it. And that is one of the pins that can handle a decent amount of current if needed.
Thanks for the input, Harvey.
The PWM outputs are for driving some thing that is variable, positioning, moving, adjusting. EGR, Purge, etc. The switched output would be better for turning some thing on or off.
I'll have to read up on the new Squirter.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.