View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 09:08 AM

Registered SVX
Re: so close to being mine

I believe in you too. The car has some evil problems. I too had real good luck with my original SVX 1992. Never had the tranny problems , wheel bearings or brake problems. I had a both front CV joints go . I replaced them for $65.00 each . The exhaust finally went after 78,000 miles . The gas lines had to be replaced. the power steering heeded the O ring fix, (thanks to the guys on the forum for that one ) Subaru dealer wanted $500 for a new pump. I thought the steering rack went but it was a line rusted through , so I replaced them all for $500.00.The problem is the parts are not always easy to find or get . Not like a Chevy or a Mustang ,VW or Jeep. I just think the one you are looking at needs more TLC than you think. If you think you can save it go for it . Many have bought low $$$$ cars thinking the same thing only to end up selling them giving up on them or parting them out . I said it before drive the few extra miles if you can get a better one, spend a few $$ up front for a good one. We will still be here to help no matter what you decide. Your money your decision .