View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I really don't think there is an aircut. There is definitely a fuel cut though. I remember mychailo posted some wideband logs of his car with the stalling problem and the fuel cut during what the ecu considered engine braking teritory with the automatic was still evident despite his swearing up and down that the ecu and nuetral switch wiring was right. Now that the majority of the problem is fixed we should probably relook at the wiring and see if we can completely eliminate the fuel cut that way. If not I can massage the fuel cut in the software. I already did some work on it in the stage 3 software for different reasons.

I was also a little reserved in my adding timing to the bottom of the v6 table. It's possible I just mostly fixed the problem in v6 instead of completely fixing it. I've taken the stage 3 f prototype timing table and added in a floor of 20 degrees advance everywhere short of positive manifold pressures. This is the timing table I'm working with now. I'd be interested to see if this completely eliminates the stall problem or if the fuel cut needs to be addressed. Did you install your maf meter connector so that you have both the svx and z32 connectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
Been driving for a couple of days now with the throttle body bypass restored to the OEM configuration. Stalling problem is much improved. Only issue seems to be very cold days.

Even that seems to have a fix. If the clutch is pushed in, while approaching a stop, while the engine is still above 2000 rpm, I think the ECU gets frantic to cure what it perceives as over-revving in neutral. So it cuts off all air. By the time it can respond to the rev's dropping to 0, the engine may have stalled. Leaving the clutch in as you approach a stop, until the revs drop to about 1000-1200 rpm seems to alleviate even this small problem.

I would be in for the Stage 2 Upgrade. Have to figure out how to get my NA engine to need the 370cc injectors.

Thanks, Mike.

Last edited by longassname; 11-27-2006 at 11:57 AM.