View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:09 AM

Send a message via MSN to k0ck3n
Exclamation Urgent, Should I buy this car?

Hi everbody,

I'm a 21 years old guy from Sweden (Abba and Absolut vodka you know ) that has been offerd to buy a Subaru SVX -92. Becus of that this car is wery rare in Sweden, subaru only imported 10 cars, all in -92, I don't know so much about the model.
So I thougth that I put all the info about the car up here and lett you guide me.

Here we go.

As I said its the 1992 modell, And its the 3.3 liters enginge. The car is 100% orginal, its been served allrigth, rusttreated every 3 years, and the owner of the car is a friend to the family, she is 70 years old and has owned it seens it was new. The car has driven 138 000 kilometers, Its new winter and summer tires, New windshield.
They have showed the car to 3 different carfirms, and the onlu thing that they can find is that its leaking a littel oil from stearservopump, but I understand its an easy fix. And its a littel rustmark above the rigth rear tire, but the owner has order a paintshop to fi it, and payd for it.

They want $6,600 for it (50,000 SEK), thats like half of the money they ask for the two other SVX that is for sale in Sweden, and they has traveled twice as far.

The problem is that I have to make up my mind before monday, otherwise they will sell it to a carfirm.

I will go test the car on saturday, What should I look for, whats ordinary problems on this modell? (I will take pictures then and post them here)

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Patrik Isaksson

Last edited by k0ck3n; 03-30-2007 at 03:13 AM.