Thread: Sea Foam?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95
Jason or anyone else, when standing next to the driver's side wheel looking into the engine bay...there are two hoses that connect to the main throttle body plastic chamber....I unplugged one (the one closer to the firewall I think) and added the sea foam to it with the car running...I wasn't able to get 1/3 of a bottle down....it spilled out of the tube a little bit, but I attached the hose and shut the car off. I waited 5 mins and then started, but the car had a hard time starting for a few mins...I had to hold on the gas and only got some blue smoke for about 20 seconds, then the car was searching for an idle.... Finally it settled and idled and ran good...
Do you think I added seafoam to the wrong line ?? The car starts fine and runs fine now, but I'm confused if that was normal or not.
That was the wrong line. You want to use the little line on the middle top of the throttle bodies that runs underneath the middle black plastic trim piece on the intake. have somebody work the ignition and gas pedal for you. Start it up and run it at about 1750 RPM and stick the hose in the bottle till about half is gone. Quickly have your helper cut off the ignition and floor the gas pedal till the car stops running(it may diesel and keep running if you don't floor the gas after killing the key). Let it sit for 5 minutes and start it up and enjoy the show. Rev it up every 15 seconds or so to blow things out and get things clean. Don't be scared if it smokes for 10-15 minutes, It will stop. good luck.