View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:32 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: the newest thing NOT HID / but LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloScoobyru View Post
On the SVX though, I'd was more than happy with the HIR 9011/9012 bulbs over HID kits considering the legality standpoint and my personal experiences. Then again I'm not fond of HID's in the first place...Nothing worse than being blinded from behind when driving at night.
Me too. I have them in both of mine and I really like them. A much bigger improvement over the regular bulbs than I guess most people think. And I like not having the extra junk in the engine bay that comes with the HIDs. Although I guess LEDs will also have this advantage? In general I think LEDs are the future for sure.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album