View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
The GT better enjoy it's time in the sun, because a faster car is on the horizon for HALF the price...eh...you all know this already.

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
I'm waiting for the retro F-150 since ford can't do anything original. The new pinto will be a smash!!!!! The GT is a redo, the Mustang is a redo, T-Bird a redo, the new Five Hundred is a redo of Mays' A4 but with a gerbil motor in it. Can't we do anything orginal? The whole SUV line has the exact same nose and grill. ford blasted GM for a "Corprate Identity" in the 80's and now they are doing it.
Well I have to say I like what they did with the Mustang and GT. But pretty much everything else they just changed from an uninspiring design to a new uninspiring design. Wait, let me correct myself - underpowered uninspiring design.

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorpsort-SVX
..Gm learned
that with their SRR thing that flopped.
Well maybe you have the ability to see into the future, but as of yet, there has been no "flop". The SSR outsold it's projections in it's first year, and even got a drivetrain upgrade this year of 90hp and a 6-speed. It's doing so well, in fact, that the "SSR Supercharged" will (supposedly) be out next year with 480hp.

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
It's GT, not GT40, they let the copyright expire, then couldn't get it back. I'm not the only one saying ford is out of ideas, read a major auto magazine. As for the GT, I'd take a Vette Z06 that costs less, or if money was no object, the Porsche Carrera GT. Don't like Ferrari's much.
Funny how everyone seems to think that Ferraris are all around better cars because they are so much more expensive and exclusive. They're performance is undeniable, however quality is another story. How anyone can pay upwards of 200g's for one of those tempermental heaps is beyond me.

Also, anyone catch the new Car&Driver? The Corvette Z51 (regular vette) out-dueled the new Porsche 996. Pretty impressive.

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95
I think the biggest downfall of US automakers is their inability to make up for wheel gap between fender and tire.
I guess I should take it as a compliment that you have to be so nitpicky to find a problem with US cars? On the serious side, you can thank states like NJ and NY (and their WONDERFUL roads) for the huge gaps that our sports cars have. The gap on my T/A is one of the problems i'll be addressing this spring.