View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Re: 06-07 WRX/Imprezza 5spd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Yes my X-members fit all 5 & 6mt's. You are using new gears and new bearing but still using the LSD SVX carrier

Tom
Ok, I figured as much on the X-member. I sent you an email yesterday at your allwelldrive address, did you get it ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_paynter View Post
if u want new axel stubs + c-clips for the tranny when u install it, I have the part numbers for them!

Axle Stub Part Number: 38415AA110
Circlip Part Number: 805329010

u need two of each! enjoy!
Excellent information! This makes a late 04-05 tranny possible without too much trouble, depending on how hard it is to do the labor. Something defineatly worth looking into. I'll probably shy away from the 06-07's though as stated earlier, I do NOT want to open the rear end of the SVX up. Either I need something else that bolts up, or that one stays there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STeeL25T View Post
I opted for an 05 transmission, I hear bad things abouts the 06's ratio... Didn't they only keep the 3.70 for a bit and switch back?

Also, you can get axles at Autozone or its equivelent for 60 bucks with a life time warrenty, do this instead of givin Subaru 300 dollars for them.
Interesting. Yes, they changed the ratio in 06 to one that doesn't bolt up to our rear end, so you have to crack open the rear diff.

I have good SVX axles, I don't see where you're goin with that. And I'd get axles from Robbins if you have one near by, much better buisness and personnel than AutoZone.

Also, anyone know any info about the compatablity of the "components" with the 07 impreza to an 02-03 tranny? I have a post on NASIOC here: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1809191

But no one is responding. Silly me for asking a non-boost related question on NASTICOC and thinking I'd get an answer... :rollseyes:

Summary of the post is that I found a donor 07 with most of the parts I need for really cheap, and it only has 8k miles on it! But, I can't use the 07 tranny obviously. So does anyone know if components like the pedals, clutch master, brake master, brake booster, shift linkage, etc. will work with an 02-03? I would GUESS not since they have a different clutch type (The switched from pull type to push type in 06 I think), I figured it was worth looking into.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap

Last edited by ridered777; 07-22-2009 at 10:47 AM.