View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 09:10 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Chicane read this

I was just going use PM, but i figured maybe there are others in this forum that can offer information on this too. I need mopar info!

A good friend of mine is going to buy a 1998 (i think) Jeep Cherokee 5.9. He has always wanted one of these and is quite set on it. Since I am very well versed in engines, the first question i get from any of my friends when they get a new vehicle is "dude what can i do to make it more powerful?!", and of course, this situation is no exception. Problem is, i can't really find any info on this engine. So i figured i'd consult the Mopar experts. All i know is it doesn't really seem all that great, i mean it's a 5.9L engine that only makes 245hp. My dads '96 Yukon with the 5.7L made 260hp and that was two years older. So i agree with him in wanting a bit more out of what seems like a very capable engine. I'm sure there is alot that can be done, i just don't really know where to look when it comes to Mopar. So i would appreciate any suggestions on mods, or places that have parts for this engine. Thanks alot.