View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 11:14 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: Fuel tank "Jet" pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxash View Post
Here's the info on the "jet pump" Also how long did it take you to pull the pump assembly?
Ah, I was thinking you were referring to another electric / mechanical pump assembly, not just the vacuum device that pulls from the other side. Hadn't heard that part called the "jet pump" before, although I haven't had much reason to dig into it until recently. This and the crossover hose would be the first things I'd look at to try to solve the problem.

It didn't take long to pull, I want to say less than half an hour from start until all of the pieces were out. It's pretty straightforward, although (once everything is disconnected) you will have to rotate the individual parts in the tank a little bit to coax them out. It's much better to do this when the tank is close to empty than full, obviously. I placed sheets of corrugated cardboard with plastic on top all around the tank opening so I wouldn't get gas all over my interior when I took the pump parts out. There wasn't much spillage, but enough where I was glad I had the cardboard out.