View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Car heater coils and aviability

Kia ora all.

Tank dimension i.e. over all, is 53 mm. Element is 46 mm. I have added this dimension to the original post for good measure.

Looks like Part No. 020822 in tube layout and angles. It would appear that this would be a suitable alternative, as the original is packed with foam on all edges and the shortfalls could be easily made up with extra packing. There might be slightly less transfer of heat, but this surely would not validate the making or a special core.

It should be possible to decide on suitability, with the other dimensions equating to those I have given confirmed.

The unit I have, as I have described, has flanged mounting tubes as per part no. 020848, but this is of no concern..

Looks good to me. Trevor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Kia ora Phil,

Dimensions of my original and now replaced core:-

Overall height including tubes & flanges --- 225 mm.

High core only --- 195 mm.

Width --- 165 mm.

Depth/thickness o/a --- 53 mm.

Element thickness --- 46 mm.

Distance between tubes at firewall --- 180 mm.

Tube diameter --- 15 mm.

Overall depth, at right angle to tube ends to angled core --- 280 mm.

Number stencilled on bottom tank --- 26529 A1

The tubes angle down slightly to a point level with the top of the core. The foam mounting packing, is much thinner on the SVX core, particularly around the top tank but this would be of no significance. The top plastic tank is white/cream coloured. The bottom, which has rather significantly cracked, black as per the original main radiator material.

I think the dimensions will be better than a photo, as the tubes and angles are hard to judge, but appear to be as per the photos already posted.

Cheers, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!