Thread: Breaks
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2002, 02:30 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
OE pads are softer and therefore more quiet, they get away with the softer pads because they don't warranty the life of the pad. Just keep your back to the wall when you buy them, OE pads are normally the most expensive option.

Semi-mets are you're next choice. They can be noisy. I don't care who makes them they're all going to squeal sooner or later. If you're driving the stop an go on Wadsworth everyday I'll give you a buck every day they don't squeal and you can give me one every day they do... Don't get me wrong, they are good pads, stop well, long life, etc.

Ceramics are a recent development and so far seem to be working well. I'm not certain at this point if our customers are more attuned to the fact that disc pads make noise or if the pads are as quiet as the manufacturer says. Either way I'm not getting any complaints from my customers. Price for ceramics will be close to OE pads but should last much longer.

Remember, these are generic statements and not indicative of the worst/cheapest available parts. Use name brand parts and stay away from the cheap stuff at Checkers and Autozone.

Beav