View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Finally got it off today. I was able to get the key out with much struggling and a vise grip. Even with the key out the sprocket wouldn't budge though.

Had to buy a gear puller to get it off. I had to use the gear puller all the way until it was off completely- it never loosened up. Ended up breaking a bunch of teeth off of the back of the sprocket from where the 3 gear puller tongs grab it- the ones that go for the crank angle/position sensors - so it looks like I have to get a new sprocket now or use the one off my svx. There was alot of rust on the shaft. Took some 400 grit to it and buffed it out.

Also changed out the oil pump, water pump, and cam seals. No drama on any of those other than the old water pump was rusty inside.

Used Beav's idea and made up a tool to hold the cam sprockets in place to break the bolts free.

Next up - valve cover gaskets, rear main seal, timing belt, and swap my intake over to this engine. Then it's time to put the engine in and get back on the street! Just waiting for my parts order to come in. If all goes well I might be back on the street next weekend!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.