View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 06:06 PM

More information for ridered777 and you are welcome Trevor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777 View Post
Keith, I will check the fuses, that I know I can do.

I will check the fuses tomorrow when I have sunlight, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I think the problem might be deeper - If I had a blown fuse, wouldn't the "indicator" light not light up on the switch? It is certainly worth a shot. I will also keep my eyes out for things that could be ary with the system. But if it is this in-depth, I am not ripping apart the interior of my only car to track down an issue with the foglights - perhaps when I do the 5spd swap in the summer.
Of course, naturally, on our SVX's the "indicator" light actually uses a different power supply. It really does. no kidding.
Seriously Craig, getting your fog lights to work is not going to be a major thing.
Lets use a little logic here and get you going! I find that almost without exception that when we tackle a little job, complete it and something doesn't work that was working before we started, we are probably the reason.
Looking at your original post, you wanted to replace the bulbs for the fog lites because only one didn't work, right?
You did that and took a look at the switch in the dash as well. All back together, and not even one fog light works.

Lets consider the possibilities. Since there is 12 volts to the fog lights even without the ignition switch on, any of us could unknowingly touch something
that could blow a fuse while in the process of replacing the bulbs.
Checking for 12 volts at the fog lights will take care of that condition, either by finding that a fuse is blown, or that we are going to the next step.

I assume, and rightly so, that you replaced the lamps properly and pushed the quick disconnects together when finished replacing the bulbs.

while taking the fog light switch out on the dash, because of the brittle little wires on the switch, it would be easy to end up with one broken off of the switch.
I mentioned to you earlier, that did happen to me when I took out my switch.

For the next step, I would disconect the negative battery cable-before starting.

I recommend taking a careful look at the switch and close attention to the yellow and white wires in the center of the switch. They are the only ones we are concerned with at this time. Just making sure they are both still intact.
These are easy things to do and if a wire is not intact, it will have to be carefully soldered back.

I really believe that carefully following these suggestions will bring you another success story to put in your diary!

Hope this helps,
Keith