View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 11:01 PM

First SVX ticket, and REALLY pissed..

Ok, this all started a few weeks ago, i was cruising on the highwya in my old (84) BMW... i was going 72in a 65.. speedo broken, but it is the same speed i drive on that highway all the time. i was going down a hill and talking to my girfriend, bam there's the state camaro coming the other way, i see the brake lights, and he whips through the median, the grass part no less.. Anway.. i was going 78 according to him (more likely 75), but, yeah i was speeidng, but i wanted to go to court just to try and get it reduced.. So i go back to the town for the court date.. on the way, i stopped at my post office.. i pull out and about 100 yards down the road, this cop comes over the hill and turns around after me.. saying he visually estimated my speed at 45 in a 30.. VISUALLY ESTIMATED!?! he saw me for about a second.. he came over the crest of a hill and wipped aorund behind me.. i was on the road for about 5 seconds when he saw me.. i know the SVX is capable of getting to 45 in that time.. but i was barely at 30... his radar proably through up 45 for a split second and he went on that.. i asked for a priont out or any proof of the radar clocking me he said he didnt have a print out.. i went down to the local police station about five minutes later.. to ask about what they need to issue a ticket if there should be some kind of print out, etc.. and guess who is in the office, the only one there.. the same guy who gave me the ticket.. i am sooo pissed now because i have to go to court for TWO tickets... the court date had to be rescheduled for my first ticket.. i don't wnat my insurance premiums to be jacked because of one ticket i deserved.. and one that is total bull.. anyway.. just had to rant cus i am pissed.. i think i will be taking pictures of where i pulled out and where he passed me and turned around and how close to the post office it was.. etc.. i really was not speeding in this case.. and i am pissed.. after i got the ticket, i wa going 30, exactly, and had a long line of cars behind me within seconds.. AHHHHH i hate the system..
I am not a bad driver, i don't speed excessivly..

My first Subaru, 1997 LSi #004 - SOLD!
Currently driving: 2002 Honda Insight, > 60MPG!