View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 12:26 PM

So I was driving back to campus last night....

I was doing the weekly grocery run late last night and noticed the car felt a little warmer than usual. Looking down I saw my panel had lit up like a christmas tree; the steering, battery, brake and brakelight panel illuminated.

Pulled over and checked the engine bay but it was late at night and I couldn't see anything amiss,- belts were fine(but it was late at night, couldn't really see anything anyways). I was about 5 minutes from home so I decided to nurse her back. Played with all the electrics on the way back and they seemed to work but turning off the lights seemed to cause a strange squeel/vibration from the left part of the dash although I couldn't replicate this by turning them on and off again. Every other system seemed to work, no probs with steering and braking although the abs light did come on once or twice too on the way back. A/C worked but again turning it on for the 1st time made a funny noise that couldn't be replicated by turning it off and back on again.

No issues starting it today but still the steering, battery, brake and brakelight panels were illuminated. Kinda reminds me of when the alternator in my old 1984 crown vic gave out (awesome first car btw) but here on campus I really don't have much in the way of tools or time for that matter too (they tend to keep us busy in medical school) so I will probably have to take it in to a shop but opinions and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PS. anyone know of a decent place close to UBC, Canada?