View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 12:50 PM
deruvian

Quote:
Originally posted by lee
I think it depends on where you plan on mounting.

In my case I was running to an amp in the trunk area, so here's what I did to run one 4-gauge wire (I used a ground back there - which is the generally preferred solution vice running a long ground cable):

Come off the battery terminal and pass the cable through the fender along with the wire bundle already heading that way. pull out the plastic fender well and route cable back to door area. locate rubber grommet where wires already enter interior (just above fuse block). cut off a small, unused, nipple in the grommet, pull wire through there....now you're inside. I continued under the kick panel, then under the door sill, then up under the rear seat....and you're in the trunk.
Good plan on grounding in the trunk. My application will be near the trunk, in the passenger area. Despite the fact that you are grounding your amp in the trunk, and that I will be grounding a 400watt power inverter in the trunk (definitely not the same device), I think it should work fine.

Only problem... I just moved out of a house (in California), and into an apartment (Seattle, WA). I no longer have the means nor the space to lift my car to get into the fender well. Damn!