Thread: B&M coolers....
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 10:09 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Cooler

I have the B&M 19000 GVW cooler stuffed between my rad and condensor. I've been told that the 16000 will fit in front of the condensor (you'd get a better airflow over it). I'd suggest that you get a tranny temp gauge for it too (so you know if it is working or not). Mine is in a series with the rad so if one clogs the other doesn't. My temps on a hot hot day are around 180 for eastern pa "highway" driving and up to 210 in traffic. I've been switching to Mobil 1 Syth over the last couple of oil changes (fill and drain method) and haven't noticed much of a difference. One thing you'd want to keep in mind is depending on the winters you may want something that you can disconnect if needed. Proper ATF temps are 140-175 degrees (on highway driving in the winter I'm sure you can get down below 140).

How's your brat running? I think I may have a head gasket/ cracked head issue on mine. She's drinking about an inch of rad fluid a week . Maybe its time to get a justy and let the brat have the week off too along side the SVX. Maybe they'll breed?