View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 10:30 AM
One teal and One yellow

Kwren, I like your goal of your SVX...I'd like to have that goal on my SVXi too but right now I don't have that kind of times and extra money to do the projects...I definitely agree that my SVX is way more stable than the Kia but they're different car. The SVX feels like a tank and it's good at highway but my Kia is like a monkey, very nimble and fun to drive, good in town-driving. Wow, it's about 1400lbs lighter but also more than 100hp less haha. Regarding to the safety issus, maybe it's depended on how you crash...I do not feel not so safe in my Kia...anyway, it's a 15 yrs younger car with newer technology and surrounded with 10 airbags. The Kia is just a cheap car to drive haha...my dealer told me that those brake pads could possibly last up to 80K miles. I just order a set of high performance all season tires on mine, only $180 shipped, I'm happy with the price.

Dreamofspeed, sorry about your SVX. I'm happy to have my Kia so far...I don't feel sad because I still have my SVXi Hope your Kia will be a good transport for a while. This is just a temporary emotion...if you really miss your SVX, you can always get another one next time. For me, I'm looking at the cost-to-drive/mile of the car because I drive too many miles. I don't want to spend $1000 gas per month on my SVX and have to pay a lot of expensive maintenance on tires/pads/services. But I think I would keep my SVXi longer than my Kia haha...my Kia is probably the temporary relationship with me. Maybe before the warranty goes out, I might trade it or sell it and looking for a Toyota Prius. I want to try the hybrid synergy technology. I will be happy that my car is not burning gas while it's idling or stuck in the traffic.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05