View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 09:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Better?

I purchased my 1994 SVX L in the summer of 2003 with only 20,000 miles on it for the bargain price of $8000. The car currently drives on 17 inch Motegi MR7 rims wrapped in BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW rubber with a set of Motorsportswarehouse lowering springs for a more aggressive stance. After looking into several methods of forced induction, I contacted Mike of ECUTune. He was interested in building a complete supercharger kit for the SVX. I sent him a check for $5000 to start development. After the year long wait for prototyping, I finally headed to Tampa, FL to have the kit installed. While working on some issues with the superchargers by-pass system, the spider gears in the differential of the FWD automatic transmission shattered. After having the car shipped back to my home in Delaware I began looking into upgrading the entire drivetrain. I contacted Tom in NJ to have him convert my SVX from an Automatic FWD to a 6-Speed AWD using the Transmission from a JDM WRX STi and an R180 Rear. Breathing has been improved with a custom 2 ½ inch dual exhaust, 2 high flow Magnaflow Cats and a Flowmaster 60 series dual in/dual out muffler on the exhaust side and a K&N Cone filter mounted on a Motorsportswarehouse B-pipe. The in-car entertainment was upgraded with a JVC MP3/CD head-unit, 12-disc in trunk changer, 800W amp, 2 12in subs. The future still holds upgrades to the suspension and brakes, a paint job w/ a new hood, splitters and rear spoiler, and a better set of rims.