View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
You need to recheck your wiring then. The nuetral signal to the ecu does prevent the fuel cut. I logged it last night. I checked it 3 times. I decelled and caused the fuel cut sending the wideband to flatline at it's max of 22 to 1 and then put it in neutral which instantly returned the wideband to 14.7 to 1.

If you are using the old ground source for the inhibitor switch from pin 4 as your ground to send to the neutral pin that may be your problem. It looks like that wire recieved it's ground source from the tcu which you wouldn't have anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
I know that. If neither the park pin nor the neutral pin are grounded, then the ECU thinks the phantom 4eat is in drive. That's what I meant.

Under decel with the neutral pin grounded and with the tranny in gear, my LM-1 display shows 20.9% oxygen (which is a full lean condition). It doesn't start indicating the presence of any fuel until the rpms get pretty low. That's why I'm curious about your statement about there being no fuel cut during decel with the neutral pin grounded.

I don't see a point in wiring the neutral pin into a clutch pedal switch because as you said, it doesn't catch the situation where the tranny is in neutral. So, given the choice of either telling the ecu the phantom 4eat is in drive or neutral, I prefer to tell it is in neutral because this prevents the random high idle problem, and it allows the aux air controller to function properly (allowing proper idle speed when the engine is warming up).