View Single Post
Old 01-08-2002, 09:21 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Smoking from the hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ironsvxjr
Hello svxers, I am here to ask another question. My dad told me to ask all of you what is happening to my svx. We bought the svx and got it on December 23 then it went to the shop because it was smoking really bad out from under the hood. Believe me I am not a good car person but even I could see that we had a really bad oil leak and I thought that it was just from the oil leaking onto my dual exhaust, getting to hot and therefore smoking. Well the shop put on all new front oil seal or crank seal as they put it. It all costed 375 dollars, but the problem is the car still smokes whenever I turn the engine off, or really all the time. I can even notice it when I am stopped at a stop light or something. Any ideas as to what is wrong please tell I need anything I can get. Somebody already told me that it could be a leak in the tranny tourqe converter seal. I don't know just tell me anything you can. thanks.
It's possible that the leak has stopped, but there's still a mess to be burned off.

My mom's Legacy (has virtually the same transmission) recently had to have a gasket between the transmission and the engine replaced. Apparently Subaru used a plastic gasket, which was failing. This was allowing oil to leak onto the transmission and a great deal of smoke was coming from under the hood. So, assuming that all your seals on the engine are fine now, that's something to have someone look at.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE